Summary of Visual Design directed study
June 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
From this directed study, I’m able to resolve the look & feel and also style for my thesis. After a few name change exploration, we decided to change the project name to just simply “roots” with a tagline of “connecting overseas Chinese through stories”. Roots seems the name that’s resounding more to the concept of the project, so we settle on that. The look and feel of the project is clean and contemporary with a hint of traditional culture. So, we narrow down our color templates. We also work on the logo. The final logo that was chosen is made out of two Chinese characters that means “China” or “Chinese” interlocking each other, symbolizing the concept of Chinese connecting with each other. We also decided on the typeface and the icons.